Can I easily backup the data myself and transfer it to other services if needed in the future?

Can I easily backup the data myself and transfer it to other services if needed in the future?

We provide you with a full “Administrator” and “Bureaucrat” level access to your wiki which allows you to make full content exports on demand.

We also backup your data on a daily basis automatically - and are happy to give you convenient access to those automated backups. We offer integrations with many of the dev tools you already use.

Chef Ansible Puppet Mesosphere Rancher SaltStack Kubernetes

Terraform DC/OS Slack

Although we offer these backups for free as part of your hosting agreement, we also offer “Official Backups” from our Cloud Providers - priced at their cost. Official Backups may meet your requirements better for instant recovery or porting. For example, Digital Ocean official backups cost 20% of the compute cost; and can be converted to a snapshot, used for restoring a droplet, or creating a new droplet on demand.

Finally, we offer “snapshots” of the full hosting environment (a disk image) that can be used to create your own identical environment at Digital Ocean. Snapshots are done on request (because it’s best to power down first); but may also be automated such as taking a weekly or monthly snapshot; with a policy for retention.

See also: What do you charge for storage?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.